Sunday, June 19, 2011

Special Delivery

I am pleased to inform the world that I received my Insanity t-shirt!!  It is without flaw or defect and just what I was expecting!  I love the fit and the color, and I think I look great in it! ;)  I have worn it twice since I received it, and I'm now beginning to wonder if I should place it in a shadow box and mount it on the wall!  I don't want to wear it out!!  HA!!


I had my 7 year old daughter take these pictures of me the day the t-shirt arrived.  I couldn't have wiped the smile and excitement off my face if I had tried!  I posted a couple of these pictures on the Insanity Facebook page to see if I could get chosen as the "Fan of the Week."  I'll keep you posted.



























I want to say a big "THANK YOU" to all of you who have encouraged me in any way during the Insanity Challenge.  Some of you cheered me on and some of you really dug in and supported me by keeping close tabs on my progress and holding me accountable!  I gotta say, it's so much easier mentally to conquer such a huge mountain with people behind you pushing and believing in you.  I especially want to thank my husband, Stephen.  He sacrificed his time to afford me the time to commit to the program.  He also kept a really close eye on the results I was getting while making sure to compliment each noticeable difference which really gave me a boost!!  I couldn't have done this without his support.

One more bit of exciting information!  I recently went to my gym and had a body composition analysis done.  I had one done 2 years ago when I joined the gym.  I wish I had done another one right before I started Insanity, but I didn't have the forethought.  Regardless, these results were the most exciting for me. Here's the breakdown:




Body Composition Analysis and Obesity Diagnosis 

June 2009
June 2011
Difference Totals
Weight
122.8 lbs
119.3 lbs
-3.5 lbs
Lean Body Mass
94.1 lbs
95.7 lbs
+1.6 lbs
Body Fat Mass
28.7 lbs
23.6 lbs
-5.1 lbs !!!!
Body Mass Index
(Normal is 18.5 - 25.0)
22.5
21.8
-0.7%
Percent Body Fat
23.3%
19.8%!!!!!
-3.5% !!!
 




Segmental Lean Development
When analyzing the results it is helpful to compare the right and left side of the body and the upper to the lower extremities.  By comparison you can assess whether your body is balanced or unbalanced.  The first number represents measured Lean Body Mass (LBM).  The second number represents the ration of actual lean mass to the amount of lean mass you should have in terms of your body weight.  If the second number is 100% or over, you have enough muscle for your weight.  But if not, you need to build more muscle to reach 100%.


June 2009
June 2011
Right Arm
4.45 lbs
116.6%
5.0 lbs
132.2%
Left Arm
4.3 lbs
112.6%
4.76 lbs
126.3%
Trunk
39.6 lbs
94.0%
42.7 lbs
102.2%
Right Leg
14.57 lbs
101.4%
14.31 lbs
100.5%
Left Leg
14.04 lbs
97.7%
14.26 lbs
100.1%

My arms are strong from all those push ups!  The rest of my composition has truly balanced out.  These numbers are very satisfying to me and I enjoy seeing them on paper.  Makes them seem more official and concrete.  My body DID change!  It's not just wishful thinking anymore.  It's reality.  

This will probably be my final post related to Insanity, but if you have any questions or are interested in starting the program I would love to chat with you and support you in any way I can.  Don't hesitate to email or send me a Facebook message.  Here's to my Insanity journey and here's to fitness!  Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. Rachel - I am so happy for you! Thank you for sharing this story. I have the P90X program, but have struggled to stay consistent! Having 3 kids and committing an hour a day is sometimes hard. .. but your story has inspired me to get on the band wagon! And on another note - your passion and strength is such a ministry to me. Thank you for your words of wisdom, and for sharing your life stories. God really does work in mysterious ways, and I wanted to let you know how blessed I feel to have reconnected with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angie, thank you for your kind words. I feel a bit awkward about admitting this, but I thank God for Facebook!! :) It allows me to keep up with so many people that I had once lost touch with! It does my heart good to know that you are healthy and happy, you have a beautiful family, and you're still in love with Jesus!

    I have toyed with the idea of P90X, but you're right, an hour a day is hard for a busy mom to come by. There are only a couple of Insanity videos that are that long. I'm working through my second round of Insanity and then I'll be doing Asylum. I watched a video yesterday for the new P90X2! It looks incredible! I may have to bite the bullet and just do it!! Good luck to you! Just keep pushing play, and if you have to miss a day don't beat yourself up! Just pick back up where you left off. The rewards are so worth the short term sacrifice! Stop by and let me know how you're progressing! Don't forget to take pictures and measurements! I can't tell you how much it lifted my morale on days when I didn't want to workout, to see from the pictures that I was taking of myself, how my body was changing!

    ReplyDelete