Fast forward to May 22, 2011. I finished the program and I kept my promises to myself. I never missed a workout despite any obstacle or schedule derailment. I wanted to quit several times throughout the 60 days, but Shaun T kept inspiring me to push play. I threw myself into every workout taking my body to the limit. It was INSANE! I have never sweated so much in my life! The first 30 days were childs play compared to the second 30 days. The workouts are extremely difficult and crazy, but I got results! During the 60 day program there are 4 fit tests, one every 15 days. Here are my test results for all 4 fit tests. You can see how I improved every 15 days.
One small thrill for me, on my very last fit test I beat Tonya at Power Jumps, Globe Jumps, and Low Plank Oblique! These results look great on paper, but I know a lot of you really want to see the reveal pictures. I am hesitant to post them on the WWW. If you want me to email you or text you my before and after pics just let me know. I am happy to share my accomplishment with you, just in a more private fashion. I lost 4 pounds, 1.5 inches off my chest, 2 inches off my waist, 1/4 inch off my thighs, and 1.25 inches off my hips. The before and after pics speak for themselves.
I went on my very first run yesterday since beginning Insanity. I ran 3.25 miles in 29 minutes and some change. It was awesome! My legs felt so strong. I took almost 30 seconds off my normal pace for each mile! It felt great to know that all the hard work and sweat did pay off!
What's next? I will do another round of Insanity and couple it with running. After that, I will take a trip to the Asylum which is a 30 day program designed to put you in pro-athlete condition. Check it out!
Please feel free to ask questions or comment. I love talking about Insanity and I love inspiring others reach their fitness goals. I believe God wants us to honor Him with our bodies. My favorite scripture verse is Philippians 3:14
"I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus."When I think about this scripture I envision a runner barreling down the track pressing toward the finish line to win the prize. I see Jesus at the finish line waiting to embrace the runner and bid him well done. I want to work hard for Jesus. I want to be the best offering for Him that I can be. There are many ways that we can worship God. Sacrificing our flesh is one way and I feel that I am called to this kind of sacrifice in this season. Hard work yields strength of character. In the words of Shaun T, "It's get fit or get out people! I ain't trying to hurt you, just trying to make you better."


thanks for sharing this! My hubs and I have been looking for something to boost our strenghth and endurance as well, and this is a really great review of the product! thanks!
ReplyDelete-Heather from lifeofapasseri.blogspot.com
Thank you, Heather!
ReplyDelete